Creditaid’s President & CEO, Brian Denysuik is in Toronto this week attending the Credit Education Week Canada conference to learn about the latest in Credit industry news and trends.
Here’s some highlights of the conference.
- An overview of the Financial Literacy Task Force Report.
- An address from the Ontario Assistant Deputy Minister, Education Mr. Grant Clarke.
- A fantastic speech from Mr. David Chilton, Author, The Wealthy Barber.
- A panel presentation by Laurie Campbell, Edward Gordon and Pat Foran on the Financial Literacy Task Force Report.
And some takeways from the conference presenters:
- Mr. Doug Melville, Ombudsman and CEO of OBSI spoke about Consumer Credit Pitfalls.
- Ms. Lyse Laramée, from the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada spoke about helping consumers make informed decisions.
- Ms.Terri Gibbson, Manager of Business Development for the Ontario Region at Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) who spoke about making informed homeownership decisions.
- Mr. Marc LeBrun, Director General responsible for the Canada Student Loans Program spoke about support for new Canadians seeking post-secondary education.
- Ms. Janet Hunter who develops education materials for adult learners spoke about newcomers and financial literacy, one size doesn’t fit all.